About Me

My photo
This is a type of journal where I share my thoughts and feelings on being a mom, wife, woman, on horses and housekeeping, and life in general. I suppose I don't want to write all these things in my permanent journal because for me that's more for posterity and this is more just for me. If you want to read more about my family and events go to troyandalie@gmail.com

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why Daisy and I aren't Friends

First off, I don't hate dogs. Some dogs I like, but when my eyes first met her watery little bug eyes, I knew we were not destined to be close. I tolerated her, even patted her pointy little head every once in a while just to show we could be acquaintances.... until one day....
I was taking the kids on a morning walk. It was still nice enough in the mornings to do so. Out of the sheer goodness of my heart I thought "lets take Daisy, she looks so forlorn in her little corner" (it was a scam!) The kids had already gone out the door and I didn't realize the garage door was open, but Daisy did. She took advantage of the opportunity to bolt out the door and into the neighborhood. She dashed across the driveway into the neighbor's yard, across the street and back again. If she could talk I swear she would have said "Sweeeet freedom!". She WOULD NOT come back. We tried calling her, chasing her offering her a treat, getting her to follow us, everything I could think of! After about 10 minutes I began to get reeealy angry. That stupid dog! At that point I decided she might be onto something because as much as I wanted to catch her, I thought that if she got close enough I would probably kick her into the road and hope she got hit by a car. Never in my life have I ever wished so hard for another creature to get hit by a car. I can't say that every part of me wanted it.... the part that would have to break the news to the family didn't want her to get hit.
I finally gave up and let Captain Awesome chase her down the street. I followed with Little Sister and Baby in the stroller and we called it our walk. We followed Daisy into the next neighborhood where she met another dog. It finally slowed her down enough for me to get the leash on her. No, the story does not end here. The dog decided to follow us. Daisy wanted to chat with the dog and NOT follow us. I tried dragging her but worried I would get picked up for animal cruelty so I picked her up. I carried her while pushing the stroller while fighting off this other dumb dog while trying to get Captain Awesome to head back home. We finally made it home, all our four legged friends alive. I threw her in the back yard (with only a quarter of the force I wanted to), got little sister down to her nap, and fed baby. No, me and Daisy aren't friends. We probably never will be unless she saves my life or something, though I doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! A similar thing happened with Sally and so it took me a while to like her. But Sally is cute, I don't know if Daisy is or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I only had one kid to worry about instead of 3.

    ReplyDelete