About Me

My photo
This is a type of journal where I share my thoughts and feelings on being a mom, wife, woman, on horses and housekeeping, and life in general. I suppose I don't want to write all these things in my permanent journal because for me that's more for posterity and this is more just for me. If you want to read more about my family and events go to troyandalie@gmail.com

Monday, October 4, 2010

First Post

I decided to start writing a blog about my babysitting adventures this past week. I always come home and tell Troy these funny things that happened that day. for example:

Thursday September 30
Captain Awesome caught a bee with his bare hands today! I shouldn't have been suprised. His friend came over all excited about the bees he saw on the flowers. The next thing I know Captain Awesome is screaming. He comes to the door his hand shaking with a look of terror on his face. I dragged him into his parents bathroom and pulled out the stinger but after that I forgot what to do! I've had countless bee stings. It started to swell a little bit so I called his mom to make sure he wasn't deathly allergic and I asked what to put on it as well. Baking soda! I love baking soda! and an iron man bandaid. I was surprised after it was all over to find that I was shaking!

Friday October 1
8 kids. 1 house. 1 babysitter. It was teacher inservice so the two older boys were home plus their friend plus my sisters two kids and Baby. Movies are my best friend. First thing I did- create leverage...I made cake mix cookies! Smartest thing I ever did. I don't think parents should bribe their kids, I think babysitters are entitled to use bribes.
A neighbor kid came over and asked if he could rake the leaves. Either he was really bored or his mom was trying to keep him occupied. I said sure. He came back a few minutes later with a bag of leaves slung over his shoulder and said "is it ok if I have some money now cuz I've got a lot of leaves?" All I could find was 12 cents and 4 cookies. He took it and left. A little while later he came back and said his mom wanted the recipe. Weird kid.
All I can say is, we survived the day and now I have a whole week of Spud Harvest to look forward to.

2 comments: