About Me

My photo
This is a type of journal where I share my thoughts and feelings on being a mom, wife, woman, on horses and housekeeping, and life in general. I suppose I don't want to write all these things in my permanent journal because for me that's more for posterity and this is more just for me. If you want to read more about my family and events go to troyandalie@gmail.com

Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter fun

(read to the primary tune:)Oh what do you do in the wintertime when all the world is bleak? ( end singing) I have a confession... I let them so something I'm not sure their parents do. Yes , the terrible babysitter that I am, I let them play with he couch cushions. Forts, cushion fights, beds, towers, jumping on and off. And I will tell you, it's a fantastic form of exercise for the little guys to lug these large pillows around. It entertains them for hours. To tell the truth I'm quite short on creative ideas for exercise ( ACSM recommends 60 minutes a day for children) and at this point in the winter the snow is all crusty and dirty, the magic has worn off, and it's too cold for them to be outside very long (I'm not as defensive as I sound. I'm all for playing outside most days, but I can hardly force them outside like I do when it's warm) So they play and at the end of the day the happy, healthy children put the cushions neatly back on the couch (Emphasis on happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment